Thank you for your interest in Under a Warm Green Linden and Green Linden Press. We are currently reading submissions in the following categories:
- poetry submissions for Under a Warm Green Linden, Issue 15: America // Being America, scheduled for publication on Summer Solstice 2023, guest-edited by Arden Levine
- interviews with poets and reviews of poetry books are read and published year-round for Under a Warm Green Linden
Submissions of poetry are now being accepted for Issue 15: America // Being America, scheduled for publication on Summer Solstice 2023. For this special issue of Under a Warm Green Linden, guest editor Arden Levine is seeking poems that address topics in contemporary American public policy and political discourse. Themes may include housing instability and generational wealth complexity; state-imposed guidelines for educational achievement and material; the U.S.'s role in climate change; the American way of family debt and labor practices; the enshrinement and erosion of civil rights in federal law; and more. We are interested in a range of perspectives: those that critique, those that champion, those that clarify. We take an expansive view of the definition of "American public policy," welcoming international citizens' and immigrant perspectives on, for example, government interventionism, asylum-seeking, and production offshoring. We invite and encourage expressions from marginalized voices and bodies, including those who are incarcerated or justice-informed, and who have experienced war from a military or civilian vantage. For examples of authors who have written on several of these topics, see Levine's book reviews: Jennifer Martelli’s The Queen of Queens, Indran Amirthanayagam’s The Migrant States & Ten Thousand Steps Against the Tyrant, Caroline M. Mar’s Special Education, and Cait O’Kane’s A Brief History of Burning. Deadline: April 30.
- Please send up to five unpublished poems as either doc, docx, or pdf.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed.
- Poems will be published in Under a Warm Green Linden, our digital journal; selections from the issue may be published in our broadside series.
- If your poems are accepted, Green Linden Press will request first serial rights; after publication, all rights will return to the poet.
- Notification will be in May, 2023.
- Submitters to Under a Warm Green Linden agree to receive updates about future publications and submission opportunities. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Questions or comments: greenlindenpress at gmail dot com
Under a Warm Green Linden publishes reviews of poetry and interviews with established and emerging poets that deepen, illuminate, and complicate an understanding of their work. We are interested in excellent poetry of all subjects and styles by a diversity of authors.
• We prefer reviews of forthcoming or recently published books of poetry or older books that warrant being newly considered.
• We prefer interviews and reviews that are at least 800 words.
• We do not consider reviews of self-published books or books of genres other than poetry.
• Reviewers and interviewers of accepted pieces will be featured in our contributors section.
• Simultaneous submissions are allowed but discouraged; we respond within three weeks.
• Please note that this call for reviews and interviews is not a request to send manuscripts for us to review.
• Submitters to Under a Warm Green Linden agree to receive updates about future publications and submission opportunities. You can unsubscribe at any time.
• Questions or comments: contact Christopher Nelson at greenlindenpress at gmail dot com.