The Essential Voices anthology series intends to bridge English-language readers to cultures misunderstood and under- or misrepresented. It has at its heart the ancient idea that poetry can help unite us by revealing our shared humanity. The inaugural anthology will feature contemporary poetry of Iran and its diaspora. In addition to translations of Persian poetry, we hope to reflect the linguistic richness of Iran with translations of Azeri, Kurdish, Luri, etc.
• Please send up to ten pages of poetry either written in English or translated into English. Note: Translators should confirm that the translation rights are available before submitting.
• If poems have been previously published, include acknowledgments in your cover letter.
• Include a brief biographical statement in the space provided. If poetry is translated, please provide biographical information for the poet and translator.
• Submission deadline: December 31, 2020
• Questions or comments: contact Christopher Nelson at greenlindenpress at gmail dot com